VBP – Multipurpose Armored Vehicle
With attacks against the police forces unfortunately becoming ever more violent, the vehicles they use for interventions must be reliable, robust, dissuasive without appearing aggressive, modular, powerful, fast, spacious and comfortable for longer operations, and have easy access.
The VBP was designed to meet these needs.
The VBP is a high-mobility 4×4 vehicle which can transport a team from 10 to 12 people.
With almost 2,000 vehicles in service, this vehicle is specially adapted to law enforcement and crowd control under difficult conditions, taking into account the terrorist threat and terrorism methods in particular.
This armoured vehicle protects its occupants and is designed to drive on congested or damaged roads.
The VBP is spacious, enabling the integration of various equipment to monitor and assess the situation or for investigation.
It also allows the deployment of all the systems of a forward command post.
- GVWR : 14,5 tonnes
- Ground clearance : 500 millimeters
- Protection : level 2
- Maximum speed : 104 km/hour
- Gearbox : Automatic
- Range : 750 kilometers
- Engine : 240 kilowatts (330 hp)
- Fording : 600 millimeters
- Slope : 40 % with front blade
- Slope : 60% without front blade
- Side slope : 30%
- Trench : 900 millimeters
- Step : 400 millimeters
- Crew : from 10 to 12 people
- Turning radius : 9 meters
- Length : 7400 millimeters
- Width : 2500 millimeters
- Height : 3400 millimeters